Many of you have reached out about the League's position on NPV, National Popular Vote. Visit our sub-committee's advocacy page HERE and consider joining their group. (photo above of LWVFL state convention attendees at NPV workshop) Also, we had a very in-depth Hot Topics about NPV: Click HERE for YouTube video
This past week has certainly shown a light on the current system of electing the President.
Our goal is to have the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact pass in Florida, so it is possible that in 2024 the President will be chosen by the majority of all Americans, but without the nail biting, legal battles and uncertainty.
As supporters of the National Vote plan, we need all of you to help spread the message:
Yes, we can have a national popular vote for President by 2024 and make 1 person, 1 vote a reality in Presidential elections.
· Yes, the National Popular Vote works within the Electoral College.
· Yes, the National Popular Vote is constitutionally sound.
· Yes, everyone’s voice is needed in order to make the National Popular Vote a reality by 2024.
· Yes, write your legislators in support of this bill at www.NationalPopularVote.com/Write
Remember 3 things:
1. Whoever gets the most votes should win.
2. Every vote should be equal.
3. Candidates should have to campaign in all 50 states.
Want to get involved??