1. Promote adequate funding of public education with no use of public money for the expansion of private education through a voucher program.
2. Support the increased oversight of the development and implementation of charter school contracts with regard to administrative fees, facility contracts, teacher salaries and benefits, instructional innovation, and independence of charter board members and unmet need in the district.
3. Support a statewide assessment and accountability system that provides valid data at appropriate intervals to measure student progress for all students and schools that receive public funds, directly or indirectly. Data should be used to identify areas where increased support is needed.
4. Support higher standards for early childhood education staff and programs.
5. Create and implement a regional celebration campaign for public education awareness, to be launched in September 2018 in cooperation and conjunction with the statewide campaign for public education awareness.
1. Support civil citations instead of arrest for first-time, non-violent juvenile offenders.